Wednesday 29 February 2012

DVD Cover Analysis

'Let There be Rock' by ACDC
Digipaks are a patented style of compact disc or DVD packaging Digipaks typically consist of a book style with one or more plastic trays capable of holding a CD or DVD attached to the inside. DVD Digipaks can apply to all types of media entertainment such as; Films, TV shows, Games, Music or even books. digipaks are a great way for Artists to create a sense of personalisation with the audience, as within the pack it may include special features such as – interviews, live gigs and exclusive tracks. The basic structure and design of a digipak will include a CD, a booklet or poster-which can usually be found within the left inside fold of the case and also a DVD which can be found either next to the CD or as part of a separate packing within the digipak.

  • Key elements of Digipaks :- Photo of artist, record company logos, DVD/CD logos.
  • Text: Text is included on the digipak  such as the record company name and website title contents, bonus material, director and people featured on the DVD
When making my digipak I will need to consider the design of my digipak and how it will represent the band. The ideas for my music video may also play a key part in my design as I may consider using stills taken from video shoots on my digipak as it will convey the style of the song. The initial design for my digipak will be a simple booklet design as I feel it will go with the simplistic design of the cover and insert booklet.



Britney Spears 'Femme Fatale' 

Beyonce 'I Am' World tour 

Muse 'Live at The Royal Albert Hall'

Here are 3 examples of album DVD covers, as you can see they all feature an image on the front that relates to the artist or band. All of these have the conventions for a DVD digipak, including the band or artist logo, DVD logos, and information about special features.










































No comments:

Post a Comment